Veganism is in these days. Many people are turning vegans these days for many different reasons, but health and cruelty against animals being the two most important.
If you are a vegan and planning to travel soon, there is no reason to give up on travelling for fear of not finding options for a vegan. Vegetarians/Vegans can certainly eat well in all corners of the globe, and no matter how busy or chaotic the holidays are, you don’t need to skip a meal anymore as in the past, because nearly all countries offer delicious vegan meals that will keep you active and healthy on holiday.Ten irresistible vegan meals that prove you should travel to eat deliciously are –
1. Chennai, India – South India is mostly vegetarian and rice lovers will appreciate the states of Andhra Pradesh and Kerala where they’ll find wonderfully spicy rice dishes and vegetarian thalis (curries, rice and breads).
2. Your travels wouldn’t be the same without Spain’s golden brown tapas, but particularly their Patatas Bravas – a delectable snacks of small pieces of fried potatoes served in a spicy tomato sauce.
3. While in Spain you’ll have to taste their delicious vegetable paella with saffron-infused rice, tomato, artichokes, bell pepper, and olives.
3. The Middle East is your place for falafel, fried chickpeas fritters. They can be eaten as a snack and are delicious with a salad and creamy dressing. Ingredients include chickpeas, onion and garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder, turmeric, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, chopped cilantro and parsley.
4. A delicious soup comes from Portugal. Caldo Verde is a green broth. Delicious, it is nearly always served at special celebrations. Its got potatoes, onions and kale but it can be enjoyed with other vegan ingredients like garlic and even vegan sausage.
5. Chiang Mai, Thailand – Chiang Mai has close to 100 vegetarian restaurant where you can find delicious hot and sour tom yum soup with fragrant herbs used in the broth. The more modern soups have mushrooms and topped with a sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- You’ll love waking up in China with a vegan Xi Hong Shi Chao Jidan. This is Chinese scrambled eggs with sir fried tomatoes. With eggs, canola oil, garlic, kosher salt and a bit of sugar thrown in, you’ll be tempted to lick your plate clean.
- In the United States no trip would be complete without beignet, a treat which dates back to the 18th century. These fried pastries have actually been declared the official state doughnut of Louisiana, and banana is a favorite beignet. Along with ripe bananas, vanilla and almond extract, sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon are added in and fried till golden brown.